Friday, October 5, 2007

French Bread Pizza



Shelly and I saw this on Rachel Ray two years ago and we make it all the time. For some reason it makes me think of Shawn, its very meaty.

In a saucepan, cook up some bacon cut in small peices. Recipe calls for Prosciutto, but its all from the same magical animal. I like a lot, like 6 peices at least. When thats cooked, drain grease and add 1 lb hamburger and chopped onion, 2 cloves of chopped garlic (I add chopped carrots for fun and to sneak in some veggies, its actually really good). when the meat is cooked, I add a bay leaf, 1 tsp allspice, 1 can of tomato sauce, and beef broth till it is the consistency I want, about 1 cup, I like it a little juicy and then let it simmer down. I make my own white bread, or you can buy plain french bread. Scoop out some bread so the sauce has a place to sit. I toast it for 5 minutes, then put the sauce in and top it with mozzarella cheese, pop in the oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted, about 350 degrees. We always have this with spaghetti squash too. Yummy!

1 comment:

Linny said...

that picture just makes me hungry