Friday, May 15, 2009

Fiesta Lime Chicken

I made this up tonight. I was going for the exact taste so I was really pleased how it turned out.

Chicken (I used about 2-3 oz of chicken tenderloins per person)
I also buy my chicken frozen so cook yours accordingly
2 Tbls Lime Juice
Rice
Cheese
Fresh Cut Salsa (not bottled like pace)
2 Tbls Taco Seasoning

First I cook my rice with the taco seasoning and about a spoonful of salsa. Cook however the package says, I used Minute Brown Rice and you couldn't even tell it was brown rice.

While that is cooking cook your chicken in a pan with about 3/4cup water and the lime juice. When the chicken is basically done drain out all the water and brown both sides of the chicken. I then Squirt a little more lime juice on the chicken while its finishing cooking.

After both are cooked Arrange on a plate like this: Put 1/2 cup of the rice flat on the plate. Lay the about 2.5 oz of chicken on the rice. Sprinkle 1/8 cup of cheese ( I used low fat Mozzarella) on the chicken. If the heat of the chicken doesn't melt the cheese then pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds to melt the cheese. Then Top with 2 Tbls of Salsa.

This was so delicious!!! I think I might make it again tomorrow night. It has about 275 Calories per serving. So Yummy.

1 comment:

wendy_d23 said...

this looks good! I need to go get some limes.