Monday, December 17, 2007

Smothered Chicken

Tad really likes this and he has few real likes. Its in Betty, but I will post for all to share. I don't even like mushrooms, but i love this.

1 tsp oregano (I use italian spices, I don't have just oregano)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cayenne pepper
4 Chicken breast halves
Pepper
Onion
1 cup Mushrooms
1/2 c cheddar
1/2 c mozzarella

I usually use 2 or 3 breasts and then slice them in half so they are thinner.

Spray pan with cooking spray and put seasoning on both sides of chicken. Cook 8-10 minutes on stove, turning once. Take out chicken and in same pan, add 1 TBS butter. Add chopped peppers and onions and cook about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, cook another 3-5 minutes. Add chicken back in pan and veggies on top, add cheese. I usually put a lid on but take off heat while it melts.
Its so yummy! Try it!

1 comment:

Julie said...

this is one of the best things i have ever made. Try it even if it sounds like you wont like it.